Sunday, April 15, 2007

I saw Mr President...

Went to work at OHS yesterday and it was pouring when i left my house.

Went to central to get my pantyhose and i realised the shop that i always go, changed. Was afraid they don't sell pantyhose but they do. Bought le then went on to get a drink and mentos. Went to see darl a while, and it felt kind of awkward. o well..

Took bus, reached OHS, cannot stand the security lah, he was there talking crap when it was like 20min before work, and he carried on talking! NVm, after that, wanna get uniform, all the chefs just come and get their towels and apron and i think they are blind, coz they can't see me standing. Blind.

Finally got my uniform, changed and i was fixing my hair and these 2 indian stewarding aunties were standing on both ends, talking, i was like, "eh, can't they just stand one side." I gotta walk between them to the mirror. Ridiculous.

Ehh... Work started, ob1, putting candle napkins for the western, then listening to crap. Then, went to fold napkins with another 2 girls for the night's wedding. Getting so free nowadays, i haven't fold napkins for a long time liao le...

O well, until ob3's event was over, we went to help out with the turnover. Set chinese dinner.

Then, Honey gathered the staff, deployed, then some of us went to Ob 1, 2 while the rest stayed in ob3. Andy asked me to go Main kitchen to check whether the butter was done, so i went down, but one of the chef told me must go butcher or something to get it, so i went to B1, then the chef say somebody already took the butter. I went back up, then Andy told me, they took the butter liao, and laughed. Not funny lor... Ha!

Only then that I realised President Nathan was gonna be there for the dinner as the GOH. Honey was telling the staff where they were supposed to be and all, then when it comes to me, he turned away and say other things, i was like, "Ehhh... U haven't point me leh..." HAha! Then, he said, "U go eat dinner 1st, later 6.10pm at Lavender 1 with your gloves." I say ok, went off to makan...

Went back up, took my drinks, went to Lavender 1 to stand by. Nazar came in, Az came in, Andy came in and this very good-looking organiser came in but i just stood there,do nothing. Chris came in, told me to so Ob 1st, wanna rehearse wadever location thingy, went.

Back to lavender 1, president haven't come but all the VIPs were inside there, so i couldn't put the tray down, my arm was going numb. It has been so long since i last did cocktail, my tray was killing me ok. Wait wait wait.................... Still no sight of President. 7.15pm, he came up with many many people following him. Went in, waiting for a chance to pass him his, warmer-than-room-temperature water, but no chance, coz of all the photographing thingy, when the chance came, he said he doesn't want the drink. My arm was giving way by then. Walked out of the room, went to back area, cut nails, if not, Honey will scold, HA!

Waited for President and VIPs to go their seats. So, the entire night was nothing but putting plates and bowls infront of them and topping up wine and water. Bored. There was this VIP, who is so cute ok, and my eyes just can't get off of him. HAHa! Caucasian, my darlings... HAhA! Can't stand his smile. Haha!

Anyway, night ended, after Nathan finished his dessert and coffee.

O, it was the Graduate Business Conference, so i guess all the guests are business students, many caucasians i must say. They took a huge portrait together before they left and it feels so Ang Moh, coz dinner ended but they were still hanging around in the ballroom, talking, chatting, i bet if there was a dance floor and probably a tinge of alcohol, it will be wild. Ha! So fun...

So, we started another round of turnover, this time is a slower one. Bring the tables out with only 10 6-ft left, then started folding napkins again. Boreded.

Was 11pm when we finished, so i was asking, what can we do, and they dun wanna release us yet. Honey came up with a bouquet of flowers, dunnoe whose, i was touching it, it was real. Then, took a picture of it... Hee~

Finally released us, took my pay, and off to take bus. Bus took so long, 106 came, full, 77 came, full, 174 came, FULL. Next 174, STIL FULL, but i managed to squeeze up. Stood for most part of the journey until Bukit Timah, there was a seat. Sat down, rest.... So tired...

Bought the Mcspicy meal, upsized, drink changed to Milo, that i was grumbling the whole night about and went back home. HA! By then, it was 1.30am.

Went to bed after eating, with my stomach satisfied, my legs tired, my eyes heavy and my hair un-dry. Slept all the way till 1pm today.

Haven't meet up with Darling for a long time now, 2weeks i bet, and still can't see him. Wad can i say, i dun really wanna bother that much anymore... If it gotta be this way, then let it be, i don't wanna make myself all tired coz of him anymore... I wanna love myself more...

Tired... Very tired...

No comments: