Thursday, September 07, 2006

3 longs days...

Finally... I have the time to spare to blog... The pass 3 days were tiring, disastrous and most of all, irritating. HEH! Beside the negative comments, there were still some happiness that lurks within, with a teeny weeny bit of gossips... HAHA!!!

Let's start with Monday. Working at 12pm. 1st thing to do was to top up Ice water for 24 tables, it was a buffet lunch. K, so i was happily doing it, then started to clear 2 tables from previous bunch of pple, then Andy Tan was talking in this angry tone to Li Hui, so i was thinking y was he so fierce, so i said in a joking way, "Y u so fierce?!" Then he got pissed, "Y i so fierce, u all so slow, buffet starts at 12.30pm u know!" I got a bit shocked but i knew it was my fault. Guess wad? Everything was done way b4 guest arrival so no point getting work up at minor things. Then came Samuel Tan, WTF! So wad if he's the AM? Look at staff as human please... 1st time hearing him say something was, "If u all dun abide to our rules, then u can get out of here!" I glared at him for saying that because, u need us to work, for the very least, respect us as human beings. Then that day, he pin-pointed one goblet that was not top up, and he shouted, "XIAO MEI, WAD IS THIS?" And he looked straight at me... Hello, although i was the one pouring ice water but i wasn't the ONLY ONE pouring. Pple do make mistakes right? BUZZ OFF! When i hear him talking to Chris, it's like he knows everything and Chris dun, he is correct and Chris is not... For god sake, Chris is there longer than he is. Although he WAS a manager from somewhere else but he is only an AM here! So pissed off with this guy... No idea y Eric got this sort of brother... Eric is way TOO GOOD compared to HIM! BlEh!

That day, work ends at 9pm.

Tuesday morning, woke up feeling pretty tired. Went to work, same thing as Monday afternoon, top up ice water and all... Cleared up the room after the buffet. While the full-timers went for meeting, PT stayed on to complete their stuff. I got nothing to do coz nobody told me to. Then, Yusoff smsed me and asked me to skirt 7 oblong tables with brown skirting and 3 oblong table with Maroon skirting... I ji tAo went, "OMG! 10 oblong?!" HAHa!!! Anyhow, i began my journey to calm my soul... HAhA!!! At the end of the 7th oblong, my thumb and index finger hurt so much that they're sore... Good thing the other 3 maroon ones were done by Gao Lei. Those were in OB1.

After dinner, went back up, set U shaped from the 7th oblongs i skirt, done. Yusoff briefed to me wad to do for the upper half of OB2 b4 he left. I need to remove the joint U-shaped skirting coz most of the tablecloths were dirty. From there, i started another journey of calming my soul... Ha! After that, i arranged everything properly, put new writting pad, pens, goblet and mint sweet bowls. Done with U shape, on to coffee station. Set cocktail fork, saucer, cups and wiped teaspoonssss... Then, i did area cleaning...Fine... That was Ob2.

Went on to Ob3, Honey told me to set the VIP table, 12pax. Zheng Hong told me i have to wiped the cutleries myself, and wiped the glassplate myself too... I was really tired by then. And it was during that time that i realised i was the only girl around. Everything other place were really quiet... Wiped, polished and wadsoever, set the settings... And while setting, found out that i cut myself while looking for clean knives, and it hurts... After setting and all, i was about to die off. Honey told me to fold 15 bread basket napkins when this very weird thing happened. This Uncle who was vacuumming the floor came over and talk to me, so ok, casually i replied his simple qns, then he asked me my name, so i said, "Apple." He smiled and said his name is "Ali" and lift up his hand to shake mine... I was like laughing lah... Y this uncle so funny, but found it weird and there was really nobody around le, so i quickly finish folding and went to the office when Honey asked me to go change, relieved... That was Ob3.

See, throughout the whole day, i walked like siao char bo from ob1 to ob2 to ob3, from foyer to backarea, from kitchen to stewarding, from B1 to level 2 to level 3. Freaking tired i tell you... All that was in me was drained and i was the only girl around... GoSh...

Early Wed morning, Yusoff called me... I can't elaborate the story here but the thing blew up... The lost of the stack of papers in Ob2 which i set made everybody from banquet to sales go HU-HA! I think the whole banquet team was admonished for that and I think i got famous, for the wrong reason.. Anyway, i feel really sorry to Yusoff and Zheng Hong...

Thought i can go off early today but in the end, they choose to release pple who start work at 5pm instead of me, who started at 11am. Even Dear was let off early. I was struggling on level2, folding napkins, helping Aunty Santy, Felicia and Zheng Hong turn over level2 which i didn't help much and then with food tasting. By 10.30pm, i was feeling tired... Yawning started... 11.10pm, finally can go le... Changed up, went to front office, took my pay. Wanted to go home but went with Xueni and all for Supper...

Reached home, bathed... Now, i'm about to concussed le... No MORE WORK FROM TML TILL SUNDAY!!! SO HAPPY!!!

Kk... Will be going to HGV tml... HAhA!!! HapPY!!!

Concussed... CiAo!!!

I smiled for you...

No comments: