Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Long Long Long BlOG....

Went back to Orchard Hotel on Saturday... It was such a tedious day back at work though wad i did was pretty easy but then again, seems like i'm the only one doing it.

First off, i was late for work for some reasons, when i reached, nothing was going on coz guests haven't arrive and all, and everything were prepared. So, Aunty Santy asked me to top up the sugars... Ya, so while doing that i heard Wee Loon reprimanded Aunty Santy for something but i didn't say much. Then, Wee Loon noticed me and i knew that from that point on, i'm in trouble. Coz he likes ol staff too much. True enough, my name was called the whole day through as long as he's around...

So, i started to prepare the geradon(still dunnoe how to spell), and the stewarding is still the same i guess, kind of messy though. I can't find enough Saucer lor, needed only 78... Hai... Anyway, one of the stewarding lady very funny, she dun let me take procelain spoon, but i didn't do muc reasoning with her lah, afterall, she really needs them for the blue box 1st. K, so i went on to table setting. Wah... So long never go back and things change so much. All the double-happiness show plates were DIRTY!!! And i mean, DIRY!!!! It's like pple getting lazier nowadays. So, i took out 20 pieces and decided to wipe it myself later. Such disappointment. And they dare to say the showplate is $69+++... Gosh... Sweated like mad as usual in stewarding... HAi...

K, during the turnover, the same thing happened, "APple, Wine glass..." "Apple, table setting..." "Apple, suzanne..." "Apple, Number plate.." "Apple, wad u doing?!" I'm like, "Yes Loon?" "Wad TiAn CheNg?" "No, Christoper said..." "Roy asked me to..." So, my head was pretty much spinning all the way lah... And pple try so hard to find faults in wad i do... Like Dear told me aunty santy said the saucer and side plate i got, have stains but hello, out of the 70plus saucer i took, only one she found stain. Out of the 140plus side plates i got, only a few are stained. I wanna stress to everyone, that NOTHING IS PERFECT!!!! So dun expect everything to be spick and span... GoSh... Doesn't matter anyway.

After meticulously putting the huge wine glasses on the 2 VIP tables, was told to gather. I was kind of looking for Melissa, frantically and at the same time, she was doing so too... Then we both realised that we're only one person away.... HAHA!!! And kind of laughed bout it... Afterwhich, everyone were listening to Loon's reprimanding and some briefing bout 3-pt system and all... By then, i was really tired and hungry. Btw, i forgot to mention, I ushered for more than 3hours!!!!!!!! And during that time, i stood there selling smiles to all potential future teachers... Hai... At that time, the pianst came out to play the piano... Good ambience ar, even when i'm ushering... Tell u, an Ang moh took a snap shot of me ushering... I'm like wad??? I didn't realised he was talking my pic until after the flash... A bit stunned but well, he's a tourist so doesn't matter, it's not like i'm naked or wad... Hee~

Anyway, stood there selling smiles for more than 3hours when Miss Wong came over and asked y am i still ushering, i'm like, "Nobody ask me to go up leh..." Then she said, "Usher for wad? The time already over le..." So i think she called Loon or someone and told them that they asked me to go up... HAhA!!! So funny, 1st time user need Miss Wong to ask to go up instead of going down... HAHA!!! O ya, speaking of ushering, i saw Mr Brandt, i saw him went up the escalator and then down. Afterwhich, he went up the lift. Suddenly, he walked pass me with casual clothes... HAHA!!! And he gave me his really wide smile like he always does... Love this GM so much... HAHA!!!

After i went up, coffee break started and all the black jackets, including Lau were like, "Look out for pple who TA BAo..." For pple who dunnoe, it is a hotel policy that guests cannot take-away food, for coffee break and Buffet... They kind of caught pple attending this similiar seminar taking away food so all are reall cautious bout it.

Was told to do area cleaning while the guys were doing the heavy turn-over... Then, was told to set up the 2VIP tables... Wah Lao.. I am really disappointed with the new blood lah... K, at 1st when Chris asked me to do the above 2 stuff with a girl who i dunnoe, i was determined to teach her new things... But, forget bout it lor, she really slack lah... I thought i was slow enough le, didn't know she's even slower... HAi...
Disappointed...

Then, after all the choatic setting up and all. Was told to do VIP table with Dear, Apple (Happen to have a new APPLE in OHS) and myself. So ya, was really happy to work with Dear coz we always had fun working together and able to crack some jobs all the way till job ends, so it's always great to work with Dear... As for the new Apple, new VIP server up for the 2 of us to train... HAHA!!! So weird and i immediately thought of Carolyn but comparing both, Carolyn is more hardworking lah... But on other aspects, dun say le... U know wad i mean...

K, Jessica they all got not enough nametag and wants to lend mine and i had to use this name tag from one of Indian lady from stewarding... Please lor and the whole night they are like, "LACHIME, dun break my glass..." And Lachime here and there... Wah lao, i'm doing them a favour ok... That's wad i get for helping?! Jessica, u win liao... HAHA!!! Kidding...

O ya, i fell down in the Kitchen lor!!! It's like so funny!!! The chef wad like,"VIP PICK UP" So i kind of rushed a little then i slipped and fell... Sickening... And the kitchen of Chefs and the stewarding staff saw it lor... I stood up and laugh laugh laugh... So paiseh... My butt kind of hurt coz of it lah... Good thing i didn't sprain my wrist... HEE~

Well, the night went by pretty ok... Nothing exciting happened.

There's a VIP event coming up on the 1st of June, which is the opening of some St Regis showroom and OHS is tasked to serve the pple outside catering, and i think Mr Quek will be going... And they kept asking and asking and asking, i'm like, "i got tutorial lor... If i rush, i can only reach by 6pm lor.." It's obvious that they really need staff but too bad... I did agree to reach by 6pm but dun really know they need or not. O ya, btw, St Regis is the upcoming new hotel in Orchard... The lengend of hospitality. Another boast for the tourism industry... Hee~

So, i guess everything back at the hotel is pretty good lah... But the staff kind of degraded a little, doesn't matter, i'm sure they'll train them up (Looking on the bright side)... HAHA!!! Still love the pple there and still enjoy working as a banquet waitress...

K, after work, Dear, Xueni, Xin Yee and I went for supper, FISH&CHIPS!!!! K, doesn't taste like it was b4... HA! Anyway, just wanna go visit Orchard Tower a bit coz that's like our only hangout for supper after work... Hee~ After eating, Dear and i went to take 174M... K, and we walked the very scary path back to my house at 1plus am.... Kind of scary...

So, we chatted from anything to everything until 4.30am... HA! Too tired, we slept... Hee~ Kind of squeezy on my same bed but did slept lah... Next morning, Sa woke up earlier than i did and after brushing up, we chatted for a bit more and went out for breakfast... Can u believe how much we have to say to each other??? SO MUCH... Never get tired of it... HA!!! Love HEr... My Dear Leh...

Anyway, she left after that, and went to work again... Haiyo... Must be really tired lah... Poor her...

I went home and started doing my photo assignment and completed it. Afterwhich, I started arranging some of the stuff in my new lappy and did a wallpaper of my own... Love it... Wanna add Eddie's pic in as well...

Later, i went to bed, to rest... I can bearly move my butt lor... So tired from everything... Hee~ After that, got up and bath and stroll out of my house... Wondered around central waiting for him. Suddenly rmbed my sister, so i sent her a msg, she got a little shock and called me... Hee~ Kind of a funny reaction from her, so we talked a little and all... Ya, then Eddie called... So i walked towards the shoP. I saw Richard and he's like, "A, he just left leh, i think there lah..." Then i said, "Thanks, Love U!" HAHA!!! I didn't notice he kept saying something to Suan Eddie and me lah, coz i was on the phone... Hee~ So, anyway, went off on his car... TO JP!!!

Haven't been there for a long time le... It's nice shopping around. Had delifrance for dinner and i was so disappointed with the pasta... K, the breads are great not the pasta... I condemned it lah... HAHA!!! So, Eddie was telling me all those cold jokes that he and his customers were saying... K, very lame... And i shivered all the way... HAHA!!!

Then, we went on to shop shop... He was looking at some watches, which wah lao, so EX lor... Then we went to Levis shop and he was looking at the shirts... I was like swinging from side to side trying to find something that'll interest me since Levis is pretty much out of reach for me... Then, he kept insisting i tried on the clothes that he chose... Ok, i entertain him but none of those are to my likings, i just wear for him lah... EnTertaIn u see... Heh HeH! Then he bought me a 501 skirt and a long sleeve, V-cut shirt... Imagine Levis... How Much? I can't... ANyway, really wanna thank him lah... My very EX bD present... It's really the thoughts lah.. ThanKs EddIE Darling!!! HAHA

K, back home, started doing up my notes and stuff for today... Slept at bout 1am... Started to feel very sick... My nose was blocked lor...

Anyway, met up with Yuting and went for dinner with her though we did shop around and i bought my new lappy case... Then, chatted up with Yuting and then left... Sister called saying she wants to chat up... So, ok, met up and and heard her vexing words... I really felt for her but can't do much... HAi... Left feeling down for her... Love, wad a marvellous word...

Anyway, i came home, bathed, and sat there like a pig...

Finally, i finished this very long blog...

Love U pple... Miss U...

I miss you...

No comments: