Sunday, June 25, 2006

Early in the morning

One early rainy morning, I open my eyes to welcome the first glimpse of light. It was a chilling day, the air was cool. I began to think to myself, "I guess it is another day." I carried on to brush my teeth. The birds were chirping outside my house, its like a hidden blessing to be able to hear them, sometimes, we don't even realise how interesting the sounds of nature can get.

The rain pitter-patter on the ground of the open space, i stopped to look at the dark sky. Even with it's dull look, the sky still looks so beautiful, with the clouds enhancing it's beauty. I wonder... Is the sky a narcissist?

I walked into a coffeeshop and settled down with a cup of coffee, which is commonly known as, "kopi", among locals. It was yet another sensation... The aroma of the coffee filled my nose and eventually into my brain. I concluded that that was the best coffee. I heard many people eating the first meal of the day. Roti Prata, half-boiled eggs, toasted bread, bee hoon and many more... Nothing seems unusual at all.

I took my usual bus home, the bus-driver said, "Good Morning!". Caught by surprise, i turned abruptly and greeted him as well. After alighting, i walked towards my house slowly. Came across two women, talking. An Indian woman and a Chinese woman. Using what little they know about our link language, the two women started chattering away. I walked pass them, and smiled.

Suddenly realised that despite our size on earth, we have our own unique sense of every little thing. From the clean air that i am allowed to breathe in, to the simple taste of coffee and to the communicating language that we used, it is the way we are. How many countries can have the air that we breathe in every morning? How many countries have the type of Kopi that we enjoy? How many countries can have people of different colours talking the same language? I guess i love my country more than i did before.

Instead of walking, just to go home, i took time to look around and understand the beauty of humanity and nature. I'm glad i'm not taking them for granted now. It's such a refreshing sight. Looks like a composition doesn't it? Haven't write for a long time since my graduation. Hope my touch is still there.

The flannel words that were spoken are not synonymous with the heartfelt words given... Sometimes, life is more than what we think it is, I'm trying to grab hold of what is equal rather than what is more than... If only you can understand...

No comments: