Friday, July 24, 2009

Just a short and brief update about my recent life.

Started work for almost a month now, and life seems like a challenge as each day approaches. Or is it? HAHA! I’m working in a company, which serves the General Public, we answer queries and we try to solve them. Its customer service in short, and for a better understanding, it’s a government job, in a way.

Training is coming to an end already, from there on, work will be starting early 8.15am.

Is this the job that I really want at this point of time? I haven’t really thought about this ever since it began. I was just delighted that I finally got a job, no more slacking at home, no more feeling bad for lazing around, no more unable to go out.

Well, its really not that bad. Thinking back on the past month, I’ve met some really nice pple, they’re all really funny and nice to chat up with. Sometimes, I look at them and I wonder, can I ever be like them, always having the information at their fingertips. They always tell me, I’ll be like them soon, when I get used to everything. The environment is ok, but sometimes, I must admit, it can get really stressed up. Very strict timing to follow, minimal usage of phone during work hours, constant supervision of superior and all records can be seen and the most difficult part, being in the front line, “facing” the public, and having the right product knowledge to guide them. I think this is the toughest part. I can deal with the rest, its easy, but the product knowledge part can kill. Its not like exam, just once and that’s it, its an everyday thing.

This is the only challenge for me.

Then, somewhere at the back of my head, deep down in my heart, there’s this tiny voice asking me, “Is this what I really want?” I know somewhere at the back, and deep down, this is not something I want. I didn’t study all the Tourism stuff to throw them away, I want to apply all of them, I wish I can, but I guess the best thing I’ve gotten from studying tourism, compared to the other pple I know, is the basic etiquette, attitude, presence of myself. I know how to carry myself in a way to give the best impression.

I’m glad I know that, because the way I see others are doing, its really something I don’t want to show my boss.

I still wanna do something I like in my course of study, its not that I’m not applying any of the skills I’ve learnt now, but I’m only using like less than 10% of the skills acquired. Put it to good use, that’s wad I wanna do. Pple kept asking, “how long do you think you’ll work here? The full contractual term?” And I always answered, at least 6months, but seriously, I would want to complete the 1yr, its nice on the resume. Then again, I’m not really that sure. HAHA!

I was aimless previously, now I’m still aimless, its just that I’m too occupied to be bothered by anything.

During the interview, I was asked, “Where do you see yourself in 1 yr time?” I didn’t know wad to answer. But I know 2yrs later, I would want to get my degree. Perhaps, by then, I’ll be married.

Perhaps, I can have enough money to open my own shop. HAHAHA!!!!
You know, there’re still so many things to do, but so little time to make them happen. I told myself many times, I will nv waste my life away, and I’m trying hard not to.

Sometimes, I’m just too afraid that I’ll be disappointing pple too much. If I get married early, my family may be disappointed. If I dun continue with striving for my dream, I will be disappointing Darling. But both of these have an equivalent weight on me. And I want to make things happen properly… But some things can nv be perfect right?

There is no harm doing both, I just need to know how to proceed on.
I’m 21 now and yes, this is the problem of growing up.

Or perhaps bigger problems.

No comments: