Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Japan Day 3

Awfully tired day today and an awkward one too.

Today, its down to business for most of the participants. The visit to Fooma Japan, its a trade show happening in Japan where lots of food automation companies display their newest technology. And well, as you may have known, I am not in a Food Manufacturing company, I am working for a Food manufacturing ASSOCIATION, there's a huge difference there ya. Naturally, all those i just mentioned aren't relevant to me at all.

Aimlessly, i followed Xiao Fei looking for the things that she was looking for for her company. She was kind enough to let me follow her. Although I still feel really awkward because 1stly i really dunno wad a food factory really looks like, 2ndly, i have zero idea about food processing.

So walked the entire morning till 4pm. It was so tiring, my legs were killing me!

Then we continued with a talk about convenience store kind of stuff. Something interesting to share, Japan's food market isn't easy to break in considering the cost and, seriously, nothing we see in Singapore can be compared to the creativeness of the Japanese. Their printing tech is far far ahead of us and their factories are non labour-instensive, almost fully automated.

Following that was the worst. Networking which i was really relunctant to go in the 1st place and i kind of regretted i didn't follow my instinct. It was so embarassing to stand there and do nothing. People are busy exchaning card, and i just stood there, taking photos (act busy). The reason why i didn't network with the delegates was because they are not interested! What they are looking for is finding partner to either work for them or let them work for you. My card will go into trash. It was a torturing 2 hours. :(

Dinner ended and we headed back to hotel. After bathing and all, i am online, again, waiting for people i know to be online for me to talk to.

I'm in love with Japanese politeness despite communication barriers, they never fail to be interested. But I still love my country more. :)

Home is better.

PS: Ting, i can buy for you. :)

No comments: