Monday, June 06, 2011

Never knew it would come so soon

Never knew it would come so soon
When it came
All I was left with was those memories we used to share
Every single bit of smiles I ever had
All the bad Hokkiens I tried to bring across
Even the Hacks sweet that was always on the kitchen table
The tiles I ran when I was so little back in the Clementi Home
When I had no cousins, just my brothers, just our family
You saw us grew up
You played a part
The times when you came to my place and helped with the house work
When papa mama quarrelled, you always scream at them
When I was performing on stage, you were there watching
My first ever plane ride, you were with me
I always look forward to say "gong xi fa cai" during Chinese New Year
Those times when you'd scold me when mama complain to you
When we grew up, and we frequent your place lesser
It still feels the same when you smile and held my hand
"Ai Ping ah" you would called out and I will smile back at you
The times when we visited Ah gong's grave, when you would teared but stayed strong
You always choose and pick your food
Sometimes you complain about your son's wife
Most times when you dote on your grandchildren
The times when you were strong while waiting to be treated
You stayed strong
papa always asked me to give you a call before I take off to any countries
We always say the same thing, you'd ask me to take care, I'd ask you to rest plenty
You were so sick but you still recognized me, you still held my hand, you still waved goodbye
Those images of you flashing right in front of me
so vividly
Those last moments
The times I stayed awake to finish this journey with you
for the last time
I was so tired, but I couldn't sleep
Those images playing over and over
Unable to accept the fact that you are gone
No more calls to tell you I'm flying
No more scoldings from you when I do wrong things
No more "Ah mah, rest plenty"
Ah mah, I thought you will be fine...
I thought you will spend more times with us
I thought...
But I'm glad you left painless, you left without struggle... I'm glad you slept off...
Ah Mah, 慢慢走,我们都会好好...


No comments: