Monday, October 05, 2009

There's a lot to upload and yes, i know i'm lack of updates.
-
Lynn's son was at the office a couple of weeks ago, his name is Evin and he is so so so cute! HAHAHA! He wanted me to blow the balloon for him, i blew 2, and i named the 2 balloons after our names and we played with it when the day was coming to an end. He is shy shy and cute cute... So adorable!

I don't remember which week was it, but i think it was the Hari Raya Week. I went to JB with Darling.

I went to his place to stay over the weekend and we had Sushi King for dinner that night.

And on Monday, we slacked the whole day at home and Darling fed me yummy Ee Mian coz i dun want to eat 1 bowl, too much liao.

He was complaining about his shoulder ache due to the busy schedule he's been having, so i gave him elbow massage, which made his whole family laughed like mad.

The next day at work, we went to EIGHT, a very comfy cafe which turns to pub at night, for lunch. Had plain salad and soup. It was a really light lunch. Not ex, $8.80 only.

We had a crazy weekend one week before i left for work, we MJ till 4am to 5am for 2 nights and played for 3 consecutive days. HAHAHA!!!
-
I think darling went kind of mad and he posed for PHOTO! He is changing to his shorts in the carpark lot.

We headed to Mac for Dinner and i had coffee coz i wasn't hungry, and the barista made the cocoa powder so cute.

And yes, he posed for me again.

Yup, this is Sunday, while on the car, we ate 8 to 10 bananas because we were really hungry.

AND yes, MJ till 12am that day and work the next DAY!

So, i set off for my trip on 29 Sep 09 to Vietnam. Papa, Mama and Darling went to send me off. It was so thrilling to travel myself, because my colleague checked-in 1st.

I forgot to remove my scissors, airport took it and nv return. :( SQ is very spacious. I like............

Manager, Felix

Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, we were cheated by a Taxi driver who showed us his taxi license, so pissed. He charged us 400k Vietnam Dong when its only a 200 Dong ride! Damn it! Can't be blamed, my 1st time and it was 2 years ago when Felix last came. Hai.... Good thing transport can claim and that idiotic taxi driver scared we run away, want us to pay 1st. WTF!

Immediately after check-in to Hotel, we took cab again, from District 1, we went to District 7, Saigon Exhibition Centre to see the progress of the booth setup.

Made sure things are almost alright, we left for the day and had dinner at Pho 24. Pho is thin Kway Teow, its a Vietname food, very nice. loVe Love!

It was a rainy morning the next day, again, we woke up early, and headed to SECC to welcome Singapore Pavillion's exhibitors (like real, its just pure waiting!).



After a whole day of introducing myself to everyone, and seeing through the set up, fix here and there, Felix and i went to Supermarket to buy Pantry's stuff then headed back to hotel for A BATH! OMG, my jeans was sticking to my legs, so Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................... Then we went to meet Cassandra, another rep from some coy who is Felix's friend, and then to ASHOMA!


I'm gonna miss this man, its really nice! The soup, is so thick, the variety of mushrooms so many! Gosh.... Drooling now....

1OCT09 - 1st day of show. We took shuttle from hotel to SECC, and we werer so pissed off with the Hotel driver. We were already rushing for time, we wanted to take cab down but the guy insist we take the shuttle and guess wad this bunch of pple plotted? The driver drove us 1 circle then went back to the hotel just to pick up 2 FREAKING ANG MOHS! F*ck! Everyone in the car was cursing and swearing at the 2 ang mohs.
-
Half way down the journey, the Ang Moh asked Cassandra for time in CHINESE! HAHAHA! So all along, he heard us swearing at him! HAHAHAHA!!! How shiok!


This guy here, is Thomas Pek, Tai Hua's boss. He hung around our booth for the few days and chatted a lot. He has so much to share! Friendly and humble guy... His son is 1 yr younger than me and not bad looking leh... He proudly showed me his son's photo. HA!

That night, it was Pho again. This time is Pho 2000! I didn't eat Pho, i had BBQ Pork Rice, so yummy too!!!
-
Went to Ben Thanh Market to shop a little. One of the stall holder so scary, after i bargained, i felt that i dun want to buy liao, he ji tao chase after me and insist i buy it. DAmn it, scare the hell out of me. I bought it in the end at a cheap price but i gave him 5k dong more, because i feel that to us, 5000 dong is really not much, but to them is a lot. 5000 dong = SGD 0.50.

2nd night, Thomas invited a few of us for dinner at 938, his Singapore friend, owner of the chinese restaurant at Ho Chi Minh's Chinatown.

The food wasn't too bad and i was thrilled by these abalones. HAHAH! 1st time eating it that way. Heeee~~ I would love to have this in my wedding menu!

After dinner, we head back to hotel for a foot massage. It was so-so only but u know, relaxing. :)
-
Last day, casually dressed for tear down. We changed flight from Sunday morning to that day's night.

Branson from Damaco, he is very friendly but didn't talk much, his boss looks very Japanese.

Her name is Qyuyen, our interpreter, she likes to chat a lot. Very nice person, after we chatted a little, she asked me for my facebook, so now she is in my list. HAHA!

In this picture, left Lloyd, a very cute father of 2, rep for Hosen, Middle (beside me), Lloyd's boss, Daniel Lim, boss of Hosen, right, Thomas Pek, Boss of Tai Hua.

As of that day, i LS for 2 days, and my stomach wasn't very well, so i was pretty silent the entire day even after exhibition ended.
-
We took off at 4.30pm, once all our exhibitors cleared and it was a 45min to 1hr ride to the airport plus the excruciating jam.... OMG!

That ended my 1st business trip. Once at the airport, we checked in our luggage, and some ass foreigner aunty cut our queue and the ground staff practically stood there and DO NOTHING!
-
Good thing Felix got the Krisflyer GOLD card and we went to the empy BUSINESS CLASS counter to checked in! Keep getting bully at other country. ANGRY!

And yes, thanks to my darling, i had a horrible ending to my trip. I do not wish to talk about it anymore.
-
Boarded SQ185 at 1945hrs, and it was a rainy night. It took awhile before the place started taxi-ing and yup, felt a bit of turbulance twice, and i see lightning just beside me. HAHAHA!!! BUT, i landed in Singapore safe and sound.

CONCLUSION: Vietnam isn't a really awesome place as I've expected, the inconvenience in language is a big obstacle for me. I dun like to go to places with dishonest pple (They dun give change, meaning every cab fare, need to pay exact which is not easy can, their money damn many ZEROS! HA!), the roads wasn't safe, we were told to walk blindly, which i refused to believe because those are reckless riders and drivers, they dun have good facilities (power got cut off during exhibition) but but but, despite so, there were really nice part of Ho Chi Minh, i met a really ncie interpreter and i see that there are pple who works hard to deserve a big thank you, and seeing how poor they are, they are all working their way up.

For a place, torn by war for almost 1 entire century, i am glad they are becoming a glamourous place for all.

Its a really gd experience. I learnt a lot from Felix, and it was just pure fun being able to be there, not as a part time do nothing person but a full time assisting others. And i'm glad, i heard so many stories from big bosses and seniors.

End of the day, i still love my country the BEST!

NEXT UP - MACAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: